I have updated the blog again today with a few pictures of the cavalry I have painted so far. Originally I intended to put on a display game of the Battle of Bosworth Field. I painted up some mounted Men-At-Arms in the treacherous livery of Sir William Stanley. I have a mind to repaint the lances in a more subdued colour or back to the original wooden colour, which may suit my painting style.
These horses were painted using only acrylics. Although I am pleased with them, I have subsequently using enamel and oil paint to base coat and wash the horses. I will explain how I did this in another post.
Below are the more recent cavalry I have painted. The scurrours wear the livery of Henry Stafford, Duke of Buckingham. I have not yet finished the bases. I need to add some Silfour clumps of static grass and some flowers/weeds to finish them off.
The last picture is of the combined horse. I wanted to get a feel for the size of the overall base width and depth and to give me a gee up, no pun intended to get more painting completed.