Sunday 16 September 2018

Project Update

Following on from the last post I have managed to take a couple of pictures of the project so far. I have rebased virtually all of the miniatures I had already completed. I am pleased with the how they are shaping up. Several of the command stands I am placing on 60mm diameter circular bases (plenty more of those to complete!). I think I'll use 80mm diameter bases for C-in-C stands.



The command stands shown belong to the Earls of Oxford and Surrey. The other flag, although a little difficult to see is that of Sir Rhys Ap Thomas. On the paint bench are six stands of French Pikemen/Long Spears. Whilst I am still working towards the Exeter project I have taken a diversion to paint up some French and Breton. My next post will be about these Franc Archers.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice - what rules are they being based for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, the rules I'll be using are either Perfect Captain's A Coat of Steel or Hail Caesar using rule amendments posted by Rick Priesy and the Perry twins. Maybe even Swordpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. In our XV century club games we use the rules of The Tree of Battle. Highly recommend. Perfectly convey the spirit of the era and quite simple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I have the rules set but have never tried them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might be interested - our reconstruction Formigny by these rules
    http://klingula.blogspot.com/2018/02/1450.html

    ReplyDelete